A vital resource for security incident detection
A security operations center (SOC) houses a team of information security to monitor and analyze the security posture of an organization. Their primary objective is to analyze, examine, and respond to cyber security by utilizing various technical solutions and a powerful set of processes.
SOCs are staffed with engineers and security analysts as well as managers who monitor the security operations. All the staffs work closely with the incident response team of the organization to make sure that all the security problems are addressed quickly.
SOCs analyze and oversee different activities carried out on servers, networks, databases, endpoints, websites, and applications. The security operations center is responsible for any kind of security activities that are accurately analyzed, examined, defended, monitored, and reported.
HOW A SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER WORKS
At first, while establishing a SOC team of an organization, it is necessary to define a strategy that includes business-oriented goals from different departments and input as well as support from executives. Once the strategy gets finalized, there is the requirement of infrastructure to support that strategy. Normally infrastructure of SOC contains IPS/IDS, firewalls, probes, breach protection solutions, and a SIEM (security information and event management) system. Technology should be maintained properly to assimilate data through data flows, packet capture, telemetry, Syslog, and other techniques so that data activity can be analyzed and correlated for vulnerabilities to protect sensitive information.
An agile Security Operation Centre brings together high skillful engineers with integrated threat discovery and prevention tools like:
• 24/7 Network Real-Time susceptibility Endpoint Monitoring
• Complete Investigations: Comprehending how and why a breach occurred can prevent probable future attacks.
• Security Policies & Processes: Make sure all the requirements are up to date and compliant with the recent regulations.
• Research & Analysis: Review, examine, and records the security log data.
• Threat Detection & Risk Mitigation: This incorporates ransomware, and other interruption prevention systems.
• Built on Data, Communication, Service & Security (Endpoint & Network)
• Threat & Network susceptibility Tracking
• Protects & Safeguards Sensitive Data
• Real-Time Detection & Response as well as Historical Data Access
• Strategic and Proactive Approach